To obtain the YouTube Data API key, you need to follow these steps:
- Go to the Google Cloud Console: https://console.cloud.google.com/
- Create a new project by clicking on the project dropdown at the top of the page and selecting “New Project”. Enter a name for your project and click “Create”.
- Once your project is created, select it from the project dropdown.
- Enable the YouTube Data API by navigating to the API Library. On the left-hand side, click on “APIs & Services” and then select “Library”.
- In the search bar, type “YouTube Data API” and click on the result.
- Click on the “Enable” button to enable the API for your project.
- After enabling the API, navigate to the “Credentials” tab on the left-hand side.
- Click on the “Create Credentials” button and select “API key”.
- Copy the generated API key. This key will be used in the code to authenticate your requests to the YouTube Data API.